...an expanded journal of knitting, spinning, weaving
Saturday, February 2, 2013
Update on Clun Forest Mittens
In the little time off work, I managed to spin a little for the mittens - enough to get started knitting until I spin more in between spinning for my class work.
Pictures show the progress:
Plying in progress.
Making a skein on the niddy.
Washed, set, and dried.
When the skein came off the niddy, it looked overtwisted. Before I plied it, I let it ply back on itself to see how it should be plied. Information told me to ply at 4 tpi (twists per inch), so that is just what I did. On the niddy it was definitely overtwisted, but after washing it I had a balanced skein.