Monday, March 21, 2011

New to Me Little Loom

This used loom was advertised as an apartment size loom. I have a 60" plus wide countermarche loom as seen in the picture in my blog title, so I felt a need to have something smaller.

I found a 'jack type' loom (I think) with no manufacturer's name on it. I checked the LeClerc history pages, but could not find anything quite like it.
I opened it up today to have a good look at it and I think I will like it. I have to clear an area in my studio for it first before I can use it, so it will have to wait a while. Right now it's in the mud room.

It is 32' wide x 38" high x 39"deep; has 4 harnesses (room for 2 more) and 8 treadles. It should be a nice change from the big countermarche. With 8 treadles I should be able to tie a skeleton tie up.

Okay, now I have to squash it up again. My dogs need some space.




No comments: