Update on the Green Sweater The dark green sweater made for my hubby was finished a couple of weeks ago. I am less than happy with it so one of these days I just might undo it all & start again. But then again, maybe not. Maybe I will just move onto the next project. Well I actually have. I started a sweater for myself with a wool bought from McCausland's mill in P.E.I. It is a strange colour whereas at a close viewpoint it looks turquoisey & pinky. It doesn't take much distance to turn to a murky grey. I think when it is finished, since it is strictly outerwear, it will have to be worn with a somewhat brighter colour and it will look okay.
I started out using my long gansey needles and knitting sheath. I had two problems. The first being the project is a cardigan which means I am not knitting circularly, but back & forth. I realize I could have done steeks, but I didn't realize this would be a problem. The second, I am a smaller person in height and I found the reach with these needles was too far. They are very pointy & sharp.
This is quite a tightly knit sweater which I purposely planned to be warm & not allow much air to pass through the stitches. The needles are 2.5mm Addi lace circulars. I am knitting at 5 stitches to the inch with yarn that is 11 wraps per inch.
In other areas I am plugging away at my Level 2 Master Spinner workbook. The work has been fascinating. I am doing optical blending which is so much fun- had to create a colour wheel with the results.
Then there is the fiber blending. Interesting and pleasing results. Funny what very pleasant surprises can be had when using a variety of fibres.