Tuesday, October 25, 2016

Spinning for Spinzilla 2016

Spinzilla 2016 was running from Oct 3-9, 2016. It is a worldwide event where teams and rogue spinners compete to see who can spin the most yarn in a week.

From the Spinzilla page: 5,507,622 yards of yarn were spun this year. More results can be found on the official results page of Spinzilla.

Fine wool and cotton
This was my first year participating and I was able to join Team Espace Tricot from Montreal. The team spun 22,612 yards. This is just so cool to be part of this world wide event and not even have to leave my house. A wonderful bonus that having the internet lets me do.

On the left is some of the fibre I used to make punis. The colours did not come through as they appear in person; overall it's a terracotta colour. I also used some Jacob rustic roving, hemp and E. Friesian roving. I will be knitting a sweater with the E. Friesian; soft it is not, but it should wear very well.

It was a whole lot of fun and my Norwegian wheel and the two Lendrums-Saxony and folding wheels got a good workout.


Here is the result of my week of spinning, minus a couple of days I had to work.

4493 yards-more than a mile.

No comments: