Sunday, August 19, 2012

Soap Making Days Begun

On July 20/12 I made my first two batches of home made soap. This is something I have always wanted to do and was afraid to try because of the fear of using lye.

I overcame my fears when I did the research on the subject of soapmaking and now have a few more books on my shelf and many bars of wonderful smelling soap.

I started with two books:
The Soapmaker's Companion by Susan Miller Cavitch
Smart Soapmaking by Anne L. Watson

Along with that was the usual internet research on the subject. I can recommend both books as being useful and easy to follow. Thumbs up.

Here are photos showing the fruit of my efforts.
Honey & Oatmeal Soaps. Left is cinnamon & right is orange.Ready mid Sept. 2012

Lavender Goat Milk & Tei Fu Goat Milk Soaps with coconut oil & olive oil. Ready end of Oct. 2012.

Sweetgrass & Ocean Breeze scented coconut oil, olive oil, shea butter soap.
I've had a lot of fun letting the chemist in me loose. We got to use the Sweetgrass & Ocean Breeze soaps yesterday & I must say they are wonderful to use. It leaves my skin feeling so very good. We love it!!

4 oz bars of soap are available for sale at the following prices plus shipping if needed:
4.00$Can.
5.00$Can.
6.00$Can.
Just email me at suzibee at me dot com.


No comments: