Thursday, January 28, 2010

Work Socks, Spindles, Turbo Spindle

These are the spindles I have been practising with today in my beginner's spinning lesson I am giving myself with the help of Abby Franquemont's video 'Respect the Spindle'. She is a terrific teacher & I highly recommend this video to anyone interested in learning how to spin. 
The spindle on the left is the 'Turbo Spinner' which I purchased at the Woodstock Fleece Festival in Oct. 2009 in Woodstock, ON. The two on the right were made by my husband for me. The middle one is a top whorl & the one on the right is a bottom whorl. As you can see I haven't used that one yet. It has taken three sessions to get a good understanding and to make some progress that I am happy with. It is a great deal of fun.



Here is one only of my last pair of socks. Briggs & Little 'Durasport', a mix of wool & nylon. Short row heel & toe.  Still have one more to do, but alas I have cast on for a pair for my husband in Kroy Sock Yarn. It feels so nice to work with & I love my socks I made with it in the past. My other green & white will have to wait a little.

No comments: