Monday, September 7, 2009

The Other Socks





I bought this wool (Fortissima Socka) at 'The Needle Emporium' in Ancaster, ON last week. It is 60% superwash wool & 40% polypropylene. I decided I would make a pair of socks from a pattern in Mary Thomas's Knitting Book. I used 64 stitches on 3 DPNs worked from the cuff down to the toe. I made 2 socks at once on 2 sets of DPNs. New to me was using a seam stitch down the center back of the sock, but which I discontinued after the heel turn was completed. I made a heel flap and used a Dutch heel to be different.

I am also attempting to learn how to read charts. My progress has been to read stitch patterns and simple instructions. So far so good.

The pic with the 2 finished socks has one of them on a wire hangar bent to sock shape.

The closeup is the pattern in the leg part. These pics are taken with the new Nikon camera, which I have not had time to explore very much. I am just resizing the pics for the web with software as some of the original pics contain 12 megapixels, a bit too large.

No comments: