Sunday, April 28, 2019

Plans 2019

I have plans for this year - mainly studio set up.

We have a quite large barn on our property and we have two workshops in it. My husband's woodworking shop and my weaving/spinning studio which I am still arranging.

I have three looms in operation and projects have come off all of them.

In between weaving I arrange things. Need more shelves set up. Lots of scoured wool waiting for carding, blending and spinning. There is much more to unpack for the studio that I have to tackle.

The studio will accept visitors and there will be a display set up for selling my woven articles. 

But first I have a week away coming up starting next Sunday. A friend and I are going over to the Gaelic College on Cape Breton Island and we will be attending level one of the Master Weavers program being offered as a satellite program.

One week of intensive study. One year of weaving homework. Sounds like a lot of fun for me.

1 comment:

dearly said...

Hi, Suzi. I have a question about the Lervad loom you have pictured on your blog site. I have a Lervad also and it does not have a crank handle. I would like to know what you used to forward the warp. I'm getting ready to begin my Master Weaver class through my guild and would like to know what to use.

Thank you for your time and consideration in this matter.
Dalene Early
San Diego, CA USA