Sunday, October 15, 2017

Life in Prince Edward Island

As of yesterday, we have now been here on the Island for two months. Am I settled in yet? or have I everything in place?
No to both queries.
First I got the kitchen and bath in order, then painted the entryway. The washer was leaky and didn't want to open ever, so we replaced the washer and dryer with a grey blue pair.
Then I had to paint the entry way door. Nice touch!! I'd like to do the front one too, but it needs more work than a paint job. Things are way out of wack there. It will have to wait for spring I think because it will be quite a big job.
The living room needed to be redone right away. So it got a new paint job and it has gone from a dark room to a very bright room. From a dark orangey red to a quite light grey with green blue undertones.

The bathroom had to be completely redone - ripped right out. The dark dull colour has been replaced by a very light colour blue called 'Bottled Water'. I love it! The lights are bright, the colour cheery and now we're waiting on the cabinetry for storage.

The sewing room was next. I carried the entryway palette (Marzipan yellow and a warm gray) over to the walls there. The weaving room is in progress. I'm getting rid of all the taupe, beige, orangey red and yucky green. The weaving room, formerly a dining room is a very light yellow (marzipan) with bright white trim. The beige ceiling is now white. The shelves I put in are in process of being painted a dark grey which was borrowed from the entryway. The yellow is from the entryway too.

After I have the sewing and weaving rooms in order then I will rid the stairway/hallway of a dull mint green. I have the colour - sketch waiting. It's a light grey. I'm thinking I will need a professional to get that done. I don't think I could do over the stairs.

Paintings and pictures are still waiting to be hung. I'm going to make sheers for all the windows. Believe it or not, there is no fabric store on the Island that sells drapery material or material for clothing. The closest one is a Fabricville in Moncton.  I will do some online ordering for fabric.

On another note, I have to say the fresh fish is wonderful here. We had some great halibut yesterday.

We enrolled in dog training the second or third week that we were here. Bob causes us a lot of concern with the way he behaves when people come in. We're using e'collars on both of them. I'm not seeing any headway and I am quite discouraged. I am keeping at it though to see where this goes.

We are located on the other side of the the beach road so it's a short walk to the beach.

I've finished my painting for the day and am spending the Sunday afternoon watching Mindhunter and knitting on a sweater. I need some relaxation and am going to put my feet up.

Guernsey Cove Beach, PEI



No comments: