Blended in that nature dyed fibres have been blended with acid dyed fibres.
Blended in that Ile de France fibre has been blended with 'other' fibres.
Some of these other fibres are:
- Border Leicester
- Bluefaced Leicester
- and some I've forgotten because I just grabbed some colours
- and some unknown fibres
- all added to contribute less than 1% of the total
I dyed the colours, both nature (osage, but very dark) and acid-very dark green and a dark violet.
After looking at the colours for a few days, I started changing the colours by adding in other colours on the drum carder. Finally I finished the batts yesterday.
The plan was to make a heathered yarn by spinning with three colours arranged in the palm of my hand and spinning back and forth.
This has changed to using a blending board and making rolags all in the same colour order, but not in measured amounts of each colour.
The wheel being used is my Canadian Production Wheel. Maker unknown. It has had the flyer repaired and the finish for the most part sanded off and has an oiled finish now. The Pittman has been replaced. It was purchased June 2015 from someone in St. Mary, ON.
It has a 30" wheel and spins like the wind on a blustery day! Double drive and single treadle.
Here is the work space:
|Violet, Yellow, Green|
|Dowels used to make a rolag|
|Rolags ready for spinning|
|Canadian Production Wheel|
|Fine singles. Unmeasured.|
I need practice doing Navajo* plying, so that's the plan. I will keep the colours separate with a little colour blending between the solid colours.
More to come in another post. More data. Plyed yarn. Knitted sample.
*This originally said Andean plying. I meant to say Navajo plying.