After all the preparation and anticipation...the classroom part is finished and all that is left to do is the 'Indepth Study' component which must gain approval then finished by spring of 2016.
Just a week or so before class was due to start, I injured my right foot which left me somewhat at a disadvantage, but I coped with it and made the best of the situation by carrying on and using just my left foot to treadle. The Ashford Traveller that I rented and I did not get on very well until the very last day. This was the wheel rented from the college which was among a bunch new wheels 2 years ago. I don't think it has seen much use. I have a feeling that it just became conditioned to being spun on by the last day I was there using it. By then it was cooperating well with me.
I completed my work, though everyday I knew I should have had my own wheel there to use. It's done now and overall I am pleased with my results.
The dye sessions and the silk reeling were terrific. All went extremely well.
Today I spent the entire day getting my thoughts for the in depth study entered on my computer-writing and rewriting, but not as fast as my mind raced along. I think it's finished and it has been passed along for the first assessment. It may need more revision, but the plan has been put into action.
|Coleen on the right. Our esteemed guide.|
|Silk reeled from coccoons.|
|An early morning sunrise from my townhouse window.|