Sunday, August 16, 2009

SWS Sweater Project


This is my sweater using Tuulia Salmela's top down method. It is not a pattern, but a method that let's you type your measurements into a spreadsheet along with your gauge you get from the swatch you knit up.
It features the look of set in sleeves and no sewing is required. If you are interested in more information here is the addy:
http://tuulia.blogspot.com/2009/03/tailored-sweater.html

I recently started the body and am thinking about adding a texture or pattern. The neck & front opening will be a kind of I-chord trim. I haven't done that before and must search out some instructions.
I shy away from using buttons; at this point I intend to use a zipper. I have been known to change my mind, so you never know.

I have been reading a couple of Elizabeth Zimmerman books this week - 'Knitting Around' & Knitter's Almanac. I am really enjoying her style of writing & her digressions. One of the books includes her percentage method of making a sweater. I have that on my list of roundtoits.

Also on my list of things I would like to knit are:
1. an Aran sweater
2. a Fair Isle sweater
3. mittens with Scandinavian type of colour work
4. sock patterns from my few sock books

That's all for now! Have a good night.

No comments: