Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Latest Addition to Our Sock Family


What I have here are socks knit toe up, the dark blue, and top down socks with a heel flap in the lighter blue. Both are Briggs & Little Tuffy for heavy socks. I must say none of the socks pictured above are blocked & therefore don't look as 'pretty' as they might. The leg & instep are knit in K3 P1 rib. The unwashed yarn is 'not soft', but once it was washed it got really nice & soft. I'm really impressed with the laundered result. My hubby really likes being spoiled with new socks all the time. 
I think I like the look of the dark blue heels which were knit in Crazy Toes & Heel method rather than the look of the heel flap which is in the lighter blue.
I have washed the completed socks by hand & today I washed them in my front load washer on the hand wash cycle. It seems to have done a lovely job. I did let them air dry.

No comments: