Friday, December 21, 2018

Shortest Day of the Year

Yesterday was one of my sons' birthdays and he turned 41.

Today the winter solstice is upon us. I look forward to tomorrow when the days are noticeably longer and from what I just read we have a full moon happening too, so the night sky will be bright.

Having a full moon and the winter solstice so close won't occur again for another eleven years. Where will I be then and what will I be doing?

Well for sure I won't be taking on any new things to do in my spare time. In my next breath I have to say what spare time?

It has been a very busy year with full time work, family visiting and finding our way around the island in just our end of the island.

Right now I should be out in the barn studio plugging up holes so I can get it all primed and painted before the new floor goes in. There really is a lot of work to do yet, but once it's done then I can get out from under the extra things I have in my 8X8 house studio.

I will have the Varpapuu and Thought Products Cassandra looms outside while the Glimakra standard stays in the house. My small Lervad loom is in here at the moment. The Glimakra loom has hand towels on it. Two shades of green in a Taquete pattern.

I still continue my knitting with a couple of Icelandic sweaters lined up in queue with a Fair Isle sweater. When those are done next will be a Norwegian sweater.

Merry Christmas to all.

More in 2019.


No comments: