Thursday, January 1, 2009

Some socks I did in 2008


These socks are ones I finished New Year's Eve 2008. I started them as a Magic Loop project, but got hopelessly confused about the needles when I was doing the heels. So I switched back to my 2 circular needle method, which right now I must say I really like.
I have no idea why the magic loop went 'wonky' on me, but it did. I'm very happy with the Queen Kahuna Crazy Toes & Heels methods, so I shall stick with that for now. There are some variations with it, so I won't get bored for a while, though I admit I am always looking at other books & am curious to try, but alas I don't have enough time for it all.
I did a pattern on the leg, similar to a waffle pattern, but it's quite subtle. This is a Mei Mei all wool sock yarn I ordered on Ebay; must remember to hand wash & dry flat.


No comments: